Staging your home is presenting your home to appeal to the greatest number of potential buyers. Think about why you bought your home to help you focus on highlighting its most desirable features. It's highly likely these same features will appeal to its next owner, too. A lasting impression above the competition will help you sell it more quickly and at a higher price. What are the best staging strategies?
- Present your home as a model home--easily visualized by buyers to see it as their own. You want buyers to imagine themselves making your house their home by removing personal memorabilia, knick-knacks, and photos. Instead replace them with simple décors, such as paintings, nature images, and plants.
- Think minimal vs. comfy. Today's buyers tend to favor modern, crisp, and clean interiors over traditional, homey looks. Use bright colors and metal accents with a minimalist mindset.
- Deep clean. Cleaning your home for showings should be well beyond a normal house cleaning. Spend time looking at the small areas like baseboards, trim, and cabinet doors and trim for special cleaning. Be sure light fixtures and ceiling fans are dust-free.
- Liven up your landscaping. Buyers' first impression of a home begins as they drive up and walk up to the front door. Shrubs should be pruned, flower beds filled with mulch, and weeds removed. Depending u[on the season, seasonal flowers are inviting. Make sure your driveway, sidewalk, and front porch are clean and free of leaves and dirt.
- Set the mood. A home purchase is an emotional purchase so good lighting, a clean and pleasing smell, and background music can create a positive experience that supports your beautifully staged home!